Tourism Cares offers up to $62,000 in academic scholarships supporting undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in Travel, Tourism and Hospitality programs.
The online scholarship application is now closed for 2017. Check back again in early 2018!
Scholarship Application Period: February- April 2018
Scholarship Award Notification: June
Scholarship Award Distribution: Summer
Awards apply towards the fall semester.
Tourism Cares Academic Scholarships are offered in two categories:
Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships
This general application provides access up to 26 scholarships.
- Full or part time student enrolled in a travel, tourism or hospitality related program of study pursing an associate, bachelors or masters degree.
- Enrolled in the fall semester of a two or four year university located in the United States or Canada.
- Cumulative or overall minimum 3.0 grade point average
Graduate Research Scholarships
This application provides access to 2 scholarships specifically for graduate research students.
- No citizenship requirements
- Full or part time student conducting graduate research in a travel or tourism related field
- Enrolled in the fall semester of a four year university in the United States or Canada
- Minimum 3.0 grade point average
OVERALL GIVING, EVALUATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Applications are evaluated by the Tourism Cares Academic Scholarship Selection Committees, consisting of travel, tourism, and hospitality educators and industry professionals from across the United States. The committee's decisions are reported to the Tourism Cares Board of Directors. Scholarship eligibility criteria are determined by each fund donor contact.
For questions about the application process, technical issues, and general scholarship information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions document: