Tourism Cares online scholarship application will open in February of 2017; awards are applied towards the fall 2017 semester.
Scholarship Application Period: February 17 - April 3, 2017
Scholarship Award Notification: June 2017
Scholarship Award Distribution: Summer 2017
Tourism Cares Academic Scholarships are offered in three categories:
Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships
(general application provides access to up to 30 scholarships)
- Full or part time student enrolled in a travel, tourism or hospitality related program of study pursing an associate, bachelors or masters degree.
- Enrolled in the fall semester of a two or four year university located in the United States or Canada.
- Cumulative or overall minimum 3.0 grade point average
Graduate Research Scholarships
(this application provides access to 2 scholarships specifically for graduate research students)
- No citizenship requirements
- Full or part time student conducting graduate research in a travel or tourism related field
- Enrolled in the fall semester of a four year university in the United States or Canada
- Minimum 3.0 grade point average
High School Scholarships
(this application provides access to 1 scholarship specifically for High School Seniors)
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- High School Senior who will be successfully completing an Academy of Hospitality and Tourism Program at their High School (AOHT) in Miami Dade region
- Entering freshman in the fall semester at a two or four year university in the United States or Canada.
- Cumulative or overall minimum 3.0 grade point average.
OVERALL GIVING, AND EVALUATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Applications are evaluated by the Tourism Cares Academic Scholarship Selection Committees, consisting of travel, tourism, and hospitality educators and industry professionals from across the United States. The committee's decisions are reported to the Tourism Cares Board of Directors. Scholarship eligibility criteria are determined by each fund donor contact.
For questions about the application process, technical issues, and general scholarship information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions document: