Tourism Cares offers up to 29 merit-based academic scholarships totaling $62,000 supporting undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in Travel, Tourism and Hospitality programs.
The online scholarship application is now open! Deadline is April 1 at 11:59PM EDT.
Scholarship Application Period: February 15 - April 1, 2018
Scholarship Award Notification: June
Scholarship Award Distribution: Summer
Awards apply towards the fall semester.
Tourism Cares Academic Scholarships are offered in two categories:
This general application provides access up to 27 scholarships.
- Full or part time student enrolled in a travel, tourism or hospitality related program of study pursing an associate's, bachelor's, master's or doctorate degree.
- Enrolled in the upcoming fall semester of a two or four year university located in the United States or Canada, entering the second half of their college career if undergraduate or entering any year if graduate.
- Cumulative or overall minimum 3.0 grade point average
This application provides access to 2 scholarships specifically for graduate research students.
- No citizenship requirements
- Full or part time student conducting graduate research in a travel or tourism related field
- Enrolled in the fall semester of a four year university in the United States or Canada
- Minimum 3.0 grade point average
OVERALL GIVING, EVALUATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Applications are evaluated by the Tourism Cares Academic Scholarship Selection Committee, consisting of travel, tourism, and hospitality educators and industry professionals from across the United States. The committee's decisions are reported to the Tourism Cares Board of Directors. Scholarship eligibility criteria are determined by each fund donor contact.
For questions about the application process, technical issues, and general scholarship information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions document: