To apply for this position, please send a resume and letter of interest via email to email@example.com by January 15, 2016.
Workforce Development Coordinator (Part-time)
The Workforce Development Coordinator is a part-time position that is responsible for the administration of two sets of scholarship funds at Tourism Cares:
1. Academic Funds dedicated to travel, tourism and hospitality studies at the undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate level. Tourism Cares maintains 23 academic funds with assets of approximately $1.3M. In 2015, these funds awarded 36 scholarships valued at $55,000.
2. Professional Development Funds available to current tour guides, travel agents and other professionals so that they may further their development and contribute to a strong talent pool in the industry. Tourism Cares maintains professional development funds with assets of approximately $600k. In 2015, these funds awarded 13 scholarships valued at $13,000.
There are several tasks related to responsibly managing and stewarding the activities of these funds, for which the Workforce Development Coordinator will be primarily responsible. The Coordinator will report to the Director of Finance & Operations and have extensive interaction with the CEO and the Workforce Development Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Understanding of Fund spending and planning: working with the Director of Finance & Operations, the Coordinator will need to understand the funding available to each fund to make awards, and work with senior staff on adjustments to that spending.
- Manage the scholarship application process, decision making and administration. This is the bulk of the work, from marketing/announcing the awards to managing the application and review process, actual award administration and tracking, and follow up. These procedures exist with written guidelines but they may all be improved.
- Manage the Donor contact management and stewardship. The Coordinator must handle 2-3 basic communications each year with the fund contacts that cover basic fund activity, announcements and results.
- Assemble annual report for the Workforce Development fund activity. At the end of each award cycle, and building in existing report formats, the Coordinator will create a summary of all fund activity that can be shared with fund contacts and a range of stakeholders, including new prospects.
- Specific to the academic awards: provide administrative support for the annual mentoring programs for scholarship recipients at the NTA Travel Exchange trade show.
This position is hourly with an estimated 15 to 20 hours per week for approximately 45 weeks per year.
The competencies and background required to fulfill these activities include:
- Knowledge and understanding of database software (preferably Communityforce)
- Experience with nonprofit organization and scholarship administration preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill set
- Ability to follow standard organizational procedure
Additional Details and How to Apply
This is a part-time, non- exempt position based at Tourism Cares (275 Turnpike Street, Suite 307, Canton, MA). Tourism Cares is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, or orientation.