Tourism Cares Academic Scholarship Program
Tourism Cares is offering 59 Academic Scholarships, ranging from $1,000 from $5,000, for an annual total of more than $70,000 The Academic Scholarships benefit high school, undergraduate or graduate level students of travel, tourism or hospitality related programs of study at accredited schools within the United States and Canada.
Scholarship Application Opens: February 2013
Scholarship Award Notification: May 2013
Applicants may only apply for the Academic Scholarship Program through the online application link on this page. To receive updates on scholarship application availability and deadlines, please sign up for the Tourism Cares monthly newsletter.
Tourism Cares Academic Scholarships are offered in three categories:
Click on below for detailed criteria and required applications items
General Application Criteria for all Tourism Cares Academic Scholarships:
- citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada (exception: graduate research scholarships are international)
- full or part time student enrolled in a travel, tourism or hospitality related program of study
- enrolled in the fall semester of a two or four year university in the United States or Canada.
- cumulative or overall minimum 3.0 grade point average.
- Upperclassemen: sophomores, juniors or seniors, graduate level students (with the exception of the 2 High School Scholarships)
OVERALL GIVING, AND EVALUATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Applications are evaluated by the Tourism Cares Academic Scholarship Selection Committees, consisting of travel, tourism, and hospitality educators and industry professionals from across the United States. The committee's decisions are reported to the Tourism Cares Board of Directors. Scholarship eligibility criteria are determined by each fund donor contact.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your questions weren’t answered above, please review our FAQ’s.