Work with us!
Tourism Cares, a US nonprofit organization based in Norwood MA, is the charitable arm of the travel and tourism industry. We support tourism destinations in need through giving and volunteering, we promote excellence in travel corporate social responsibility, and we invest in the future of our workforce.
Tourism Cares is hiring!
Interested candidates please email: email@example.com
Role and Responsibilities
The Marketing Manager is a creative, energetic and strategic individual who will successfully lead outbound marketing activities for all Tourism Cares programs and sales. You will use your creative talents to craft the messaging and positioning for our programs and launch innovative marketing campaigns that speak to the value-add Tourism Cares provides to global tourism companies.
Attention to detail and an eye for quality is key, as well as a love for all things market research. You will be telling our stories and helping the industry to make better choices through their businesses. You will know the tourism industry and their motivations to give. You will jump into your work with passion, helping Tourism Cares to narrow its focus and communicate best practices in sustainable tourism. You will be the expert on our programs and our customer and will help the programs team to develop content and the advancement team use that knowledge to help build our membership base.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Develop and execute a media strategy that positions Tourism Cares as a thought leader; as the industry association for giving back, and an irresistible partner.
· Execute a strategic industry engagement plan, leveraging our strong association partnerships.
· Build deep relationships with networks and partners that can be leveraged to attract new clients.
· Maximize our portfolio of in-kind advertising donated by Travel Weekly, TravAlliance Media and others.
· Act as lead liaison with external marketing, design and PR agencies
· Execute annual marketing plan
· Work with the Tourism Cares leadership team to develop a strategy to successfully communicate our impact and mission-driven work, through the redevelopment of our communication tools, collateral pieces, and website
· Attend industry-specific conferences as a representative of Tourism Cares
· Research and plan programmatic focus at annual trade shows where Tourism Cares has a presence – including market research, booth and collateral design
· Lead a media/social media strategy that shares our story, positions us as a thought leader and celebrates our members
· Develop and manage digital lead generation activities. Use data to evaluate and inform strategy.
· Grow and expand our online community through social media.
· Implement online editorial calendar, including social media posts, blogs, webinars and podcasts.
· Engage colleagues and partners to develop original content.
EDUCATION & PARTNER RELATIONS
· Lead in market research, helping the programs and advancement teams to know their audience.
· Educate potential members through workshops, speaking engagements, and consultations.
· Assist in design and editorial for all programmatic and sales content – program messaging, sales tools, presentations, advertising, annual reports, newsletters and more
The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of experience in a marketing management role.
· An effective and pro-active communicator in a fast-moving environment with staff remotely based and traveling frequently
· Strong interpersonal skills; superior writing and verbal communication skills is a must
· A problem solver committed to continuous improvement in a creative environment
· Ability to prioritize workloads and manage to deadlines.
· A self-starter, thrives working independently, task-oriented, and takes initiative
· Great partner stewardship skills, able to be intuitive to relationships
· A passionate story-teller who can motivate, inspire and move through their words
· A research nerd with a passion for stats and data
· Pro-active and performance driven. If coming from the for-profit sector, nonprofit board or volunteer experience is important
· Knowledge of the travel and tourism industry is a plus but not required
· Knowledge and understanding of corporate social responsibility and sustainable tourism
· Public relations and understanding of trade marketing is a plus
· Flexibility to travel for meetings and volunteer events
· Experience with Salesforce a major plus
· Experience with Adobe Design Suite or other design software (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Canva) a plus
· Advanced skills in social media and web expertise (Wordpress, Wix, SEO, Google Analytics)
· Must have a great sense of humor and the desire to work in a “fly by the seat of your pants” organization
· Bachelor’s degree in related field required - marketing, communications, public relations
Additional Details and How to Apply
This is a full-time, exempt position based at Tourism Cares’ Boston area office (20 Vernon Street, Norwood MA). Tourism Cares is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, or orientation.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, cover letter and salary requirements.