To apply for this position, please send a resume and letter of interest via email to email@example.com by January 25, 2016.
Membership & Marketing Manager
The Membership & Marketing Manager will be responsible for organizing and prioritizing member and constituent relationship activities within our growing community of Tourism Cares corporate members and partners in the travel and tourism industry.
Success in this role will be measured by –
- Year-over-year member retention, as a whole and for account relationships directly managed
- Surveyed member satisfaction
- Web site performance
- Social media engagement by membership and the industry
- Earned media results, especially for the travel industry press
The Manager reports to the Director of Advancement, and partners with other members of our leadership team and broader staff.
Specific responsibilities include:
Membership and account management:
- Deliver a positive member experience and ROI
- Increase surface contact and deepen relationships with all of our members, by priority and leveraging senior staff as relationship managers and other staff as needed
- Manage added-value programs such as our CSR Peer Learning Network for sharing best practices and the Travel Philanthropy Awards for recognizing and promoting excellence, with support from the CEO.
- Ensure the proper recognition, activity tracking and contact management for our members
- Contribute to and help deliver a communications and engagement strategy to drive inspiration, learning and action by members
- Lead a media, advertising and social media strategy that celebrates our members and maximizes the interactivity of our member network
- Limited program management on specific accounts, including grantmaking to US and overseas charitable organizations and other projects as needed.
Industry marketing and communications:
- Execute a strategic industry engagement plan, leveraging our strong association partnerships.
- Contribute to the design and editorial content of our web site, newsletters, quarterly member update, and other push tools.
- Help develop and execute a media strategy that positions Tourism Cares as a thought leader: the industry association for giving back and an irresistible partner.
- Maximize our portfolio of in-kind advertising donated by Travel Weekly, TravAlliance Media and others.
- Ensure effective data management/CRM use (i.e. SalesForce) for maximum operational efficiencies
- Strategic representation at events across the industry
The ideal candidate will have at least 7 years of experience, with the following experience and attributes:
- Passion for our mission: for positive outcomes in tourism communities, and excitement at the prospect of working at a growing social enterprise
- Demonstrated success in sales or nonprofit fundraising at a small- to mid-size organization
- Relationship/account management experience, ideally in a membership or nonprofit organization
- Experience directing marketing and communications, with a premium on client/donor communications
- Experience with Salesforce a major plus
- An effective and pro-active communicator in a fast moving environment with staff remotely based and traveling frequently
- Strong commitment to supporting team members/internal clients
- A problem solver committed to continuous improvement in a creative environment
- Pro-active and performance driven. If coming from the for-profit sector, nonprofit board or volunteer experience is important
- Knowledge of the travel and tourism industry is a plus but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Flexibility to travel for meetings and volunteer events
- Good humor and joy in the work and in teamwork
Additional Details and How to Apply
This is a full-time, exempt position based at Tourism Cares’ Boston area office (in Canton, MA). Tourism Cares is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, or orientation.