Trademark Use Guidelines
Current Tourism Cares members in good standing may use Tourism Cares logos and trademarks to inform the public about their participation in the Tourism Cares community, provided that they comply with the conditions noted below.
Trademarks and Logos
Members may use the trademarks shown below (the “Tourism Cares Marks”) in the manner and on the conditions noted herein. The Tourism Cares Marks are the property of Tourism Cares, Inc. and are protected by U.S. Registration Nos. 3,318,118; 3,318,119; 3,318,120; and 3,324,510. No alteration of the Tourism Cares Marks is permitted.
Conditions of Use
Members in good standing may use the Tourism Cares Marks to promote their involvement with Tourism Cares, as well as local volunteering opportunities and other programs organized by the tourism industry. The Tourism Cares Marks may be used for these purposes in connection with press releases, advertisements, and other marketing or promotional materials.
Use of the Tourism Cares Marks is subject to the following conditions:
- Press releases, advertisements, and other marketing or promotional materials that reference Tourism Cares must be pre-approved in writing by Tourism Cares, Inc.
- All advertisements and promotional or marketing materials referencing Tourism Cares or using the Tourism Cares Marks will bear a trademark notice reading as follows: “Tourism Cares® and its logo are registered trademarks of Tourism Cares, Inc.
- Members may not sublicense the Tourism Cares Marks to any other entity.
- Members acknowledge that the Tourism Cares Marks are the sole property of Tourism Cares, Inc., and that by using the Tourism Cares Marks, members will not acquire any rights therein.
- Members may not hold themselves out as subsidiaries of Tourism Cares, and may not use the Tourism Cares Marks in any way that might imply that they have any relationship with Tourism Cares other than as a member organization.
- Tourism Cares is not liable for any activities managed independently by members, including without limitation volunteer projects. Members agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Tourism Cares, Inc. harmless of and from any and all liability, loss, damage, claim or expense (including without limitation reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs) related to activities promoted using the Tourism Cares Marks.
- If Tourism Cares, Inc. identifies any use of the Tourism Cares Marks that it finds objectionable for any reason, it will notify the member responsible for the objectionable use. If the member fails to address Tourism Cares, Inc.’s concerns to Tourism Cares, Inc.’s satisfaction within 30 days of notice, Tourism Cares, Inc. reserves the right to revoke the license granted herein.
Use of the Tourism Cares Marks or statements in connection with local volunteer projects or other member organization initiatives or programs, and not by Tourism Cares, is subject to the following additional conditions:
- The organizers of any project, initiative or program promoted through use of the Tourism Cares Marks must inform Tourism Cares, Inc. at least 90 days in advance of the event and must obtain Tourism Cares, Inc.’s approval in writing.
- For regular volunteer programs led by a member that occur annually or more frequently, at least one representative of the member organization hosting the program must attend a signature volunteer event organized by Tourism Cares, Inc. at least once every two years.
- Members may refer to their approved projects as affiliated with Tourism Cares by using the following construction: “[destination/company] Tourism Cares.” However, use of such a construction must be accompanied by additional language, as specified below, to distinguish the member project from projects or events offered directly by Tourism Cares, Inc.
o All press releases discussing events promoted through use of the Tourism Cares Marks, or full descriptions of such events, shall include the following paragraph:
Tourism Cares, the philanthropic community of the travel and tourism industry, promotes industry social responsibility through national projects that it manages, as well as those of its corporate and destination members.
o All shorter written materials relating to a member project identified as affiliated with Tourism Cares must contain the language “a project of the Tourism Cares community” or “a Tourism Cares member project.”
- Members agree to promote national and regional Tourism Cares-produced programs, upon request from Tourism Cares, Inc.
- Tourism Cares, Inc. may, at its discretion, alert its national travel industry membership to member programs, for greater project visibility and industry participation.